I like to do core work first thing in the morning. It just makes me feel energized and ready to go. I never really do the same thing twice, but here is an example of the sequence I did this morning.
1. Bicycle – 20 reps (that’s each side, not total) – focus on moving from the core, not just flailing your shoulders side to side
2. Double Leg Stretch – 10 reps – the lower the legs get, the tougher the workout
3. Cross Over Crunch – 10 reps (on each side, not total) – same as bicycle, focus on core work not flailing your head and shoulders around
4. Crunch with Perpendicular Legs – 10 reps (on each side) – do the move seen below but with one leg lowered to just above the floor so that both legs are perpendicular then switch
5. Double Straight Leg Lift – 10 reps – start with legs perpendicular to floor, lower to just above the ground, raise again