Happy Pi Day to anyone laaaame enough to know what it is! I actually thought about making a pie today to celebrate but… then I’d have a pie. And what would I do with it? So instead we’re just going to look at some pictures of my favorite pies.
1. French Silk pie – Has Baker’s Square really not gone under yet? I thought for sure it’d be non-existent by now… Anyway, BS is a terrible casual family chain restaurant in the midwest that I frequented in my youth. But no one goes for the food. Nope, this is pie country. French silk was our pie of choice as kids because it’s less a pie and more a pudding cup in served in pastry dough.
2. Strawberry Rhubarb pie – I’ve actually never even eaten a strawberry rhubarb pie but in college I saw a special on Food Network about pies and they featured one from an LA baker (whose name escapes me) that I have dreamed about ever since: strawberry rhubarb.
3. Pumpkin pie – Be serious. This is obviously on the list.
4. Pizza pie – Yeah, I can do that. Switched it up on you. How can we forget the greatest savory pie of all? The pizza pie.
5. Pot pie - No, no. Not this…
6. Apple pie with cheddar – This baby is about as midwestern as pies come. Straight out of the proud and cheesy state of Wisconsin, I bring you the cheddar-topped apple pie. Don’t crinkle your nose at this regional delight. It’s excellent. Hate on, haters.
What are your favorite pies?