This is a terribly (obnoxiously?) privileged thing to say, but no matter how much I eat, I just can’t feel satiated. I’m cranking up quantity of food, frequency of eating, amount of fat and protein, but to no avail.
For example, I ate this fat/protein-heavy meal approximately 45 seconds ago and I am still hungry and in need of a snack. I put a lot of thought into it too:
- Bread, 2 slices – carby delight
- Avocado, 1/2 – fatty mcfat
- Tempeh, 1/2 block – proooootein
- Tahini slaw, 2 globs – more fat/protein
- Green beans – for good measure
I’d call that a pretty well rounded, nutrient-dense meal. What gives?
I have had a few theories on my hunger:
- Not enough fat – probably not, but I’m adding even more
- Not enough protein – definitely not
- Low on carbs – laughable
- Not enough cupcakes – impossible
- Dairy? – ding ding ding
I’ve never been a milk consumer, and I’ve never eaten much dairy, but I have cut cheese and yogurt out this past year, and I think my body might be asking for that. So I picked up a big ol’ tub of Fage yogurt and will see how that goes…
I’d really prefer to think that it’s just a result of not eating enough cupcakes but… we all know I’ve been eating plenty of cupcakes.