If I had a boyfriend I would make him pancakes on Saturday. Pancakes and orange juice and we’d watch Food Network because I call the shots because I just made pancakes.
This seems fair enough.
I do not have a boyfriend but I did make pancakes this morning. And since I have slight reason to believe that I kind of could possibly maybe need to have the sickest body I’ve ever had in my life in the next couple of months, I made them nice and healthy. You are welcome.
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour (or ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond meal)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter, oil (or nonstick spray)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine
- Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high
- Pour batter into three cakes cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
I topped mine with peanut butter, banana and honey. So good.