I got a brainfreeze eating breakfast.
Since winter straight up refuses to end, I’m just going to start eating ice cream and running around in shorts to see if I can move the process along. I started by having a sundae for breakfast.
This breakfast sundae is yours for the tweaking. It’s just: Greek yogurt, frozen banana, frozen berries, banana bread and toppings of choice. Gluten-free? So is this banana bread. Vegan? Leave out the yogurt and just make banana soft serve. Feeling more chocolate-y that fruity? Add unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter to your “ice cream” for a Reese’s remix.
- 1 cup plain organic Greek yogurt, frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 slice banana bread
- toppings of choice: sunflower butter, dried coconut, etc.
- Freeze one cup of coconut yogurt overnight. Let thaw or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds before using in the morning.
- Chop banana and frozen yogurt blog into chunks and add to a blender or food process with the frozen berries. Process until smooth like ice cream. (I used an immersion blender with food processor attachment.)
- Spoon ice cream over a slice of banana bread.
- Top with nut butter, coconut flakes, etc.
I used the Tone It Up Girls’ coconut flour banana bread, but you can use your favorite recipe.
I’m literally going to be late for work because I felt so strongly about posting this right this very second. Go make it. You can thank me later.